Sisters, Beatrice and Clara Dacomb established Dacomb College in 1936 as co-principals.
Dacomb College taught shorthand to young women that went onto careers as secretaries and court stenographers.
Dacomb College was established in the Presgrave Building, 279 Little Collins Street, Melbourne. | Map
A second Dacomb College run by Mrs Jean Joy was established in Geelong, with G. A. H. Lang as principal.
Basically phonetic in form, Dacomb shorthand was adaptable to foreign languages and was introduced in Buenos Aires, Argentina, in 1956 and in Tonga in 1974.